It’s finally time to get this group buy started! Orders will open on October 25th, but I wanted to get this post up now to give everyone all the details and also to get any feedback on any aspects you’d like to change.
- The Smashing DeltaSplit75 is a milled aluminium, low profile, split 75% mechanical keyboard built entirely in the UK.
- The case and plates are sanded and bead blasted prior to anodisation to get as close to a flawless finish as possible
- The anodising is quite matte, it’s beautiful.
- Each half weighs approximately 400g.
- Although it doesn’t include feet, it includes M3 holes which fit M3 feet from Aliexpress etc.
What am I offering?
- The Case – each order of a case includes both halves with anodised aluminium plates – Now featuring countersunk screws! – I’ve enlarged the holes in the plate to 3mm, so countersunk screws sit pretty much flush.
- PCBs – Massive shoutout to /u/xyxjj for sending me the PCB files so I can offer these!
- Components – I can provide Pro Micros, diodes and TRRS jacks.
- Some Assembly – I’m just one man, so I can’t assemble loads, but I’m happy to build 10.
How much does it cost?
All prices are without PayPal fees and shipping
Without PCBs or components:
- 10 orders, £175
- 20 Orders: £160 <<< This is the sweet spot!
- 30 Orders: £157
Brass plates can be ordered for an additional £20.
- PCBs are an additional £15 without components.
- Full component kit is £25. (PCBs, diodes, Pro Micros, black coiled cable and TRRS jacks.)
- £50 plus whatever your choice of switches costs.
- USA £25.00
- UK £11.00
- Europe £20.00
Here are some pricing examples including shipping and fees:
What options do I have?
I’ve managed to get a lot of flexibility on this board. The company laser cutting the plates only have an MOQ of 5 so I can work quite flexibly with different layouts even if only 5 people want it. I’d like to initially offer these plates, all in anodised aluminium:
- MX ISO – 1.5mm
- MX ANSI – 1.5mm
- Alps ANSI – 1.2mm
- Alps AEK – 1.2mm (This has a rotated top row for the oddly mounted F-row on this board)
If more than 5 people would like to order something different, please let me know. Similarly, I don’t mind ordering one off plates for you if there’s something really specific you’re after. It’d be about £30 extra for one offs (the price drops significantly at 5 orders.)
I’m going to be working on an MOQ of 5 orders per colour. The sample is black, and the blue is “light blue”. Before anyone asks, I tried (I really did, I even went to B&Q to get a paint sample to send to the anodiser) to get a dark purple but they can’t mix it.
I’d like to start the colour choices off nice and simple:
- Light Blue (As in the anodisation sample)
- Black (Again, as pictured)
I’m also happy for people to have their plates anodised in different colours to the case if they want. The Google Form has allowances for all these options. If when orders close I don’t have enough of a certain colour, I’ll contact you to discuss.
I think that’s everything. Please ask all your questions here in the comments and I’ll do my best to answer them!
Edit: forgot to mention delivery estimate. If we’re lucky, December but more realistically early 2018.