This isn’t actually glass, it’s three layers of gorgeous clear acrylic. The middle is 10mm thick, cut at a slow speed to produce a beautiful torched edge. The pro micro is pre-programmed with the basic Gherkin keymap and is ready to use – you just need to add some keycaps.
When I designed these cases, I thought a 10mm gap for the USB cable would be plenty but I have since found that it is slightly too small for a lot of Micro USB cables. I will include a slightly modified Micro USB cable to ensure you have a way of using it.
- Gherkin 30% PCB (diodes, controller and switches are soldered)
- Pro Micro Controller, pre-programmed with firmware
- Gateron Blue Switches
- The case is a 5mm plate, 10mm middle layer and 3mm base, all in clear acrylic.
- Includes USB Cable
- Keycaps pictured are Devlin Skidata, they are not included.
- Please note that resistors haven’t been soldered to the PCB so you can’t add LEDs – you could add the resistors but you’d need to desolder the entire board first.